From Geert Bormans <ge...@gbormans.telenet.be>
Subject Re: Unicode fonts Re: issues with TTFReader
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:37:34 GMT

>How about STIX or Gentium? Both are serif fonts though.

Thanks Justus,

I went for DejaVu Serif, but I am not so fond (font?) of it, since
that is a pretty wide font.
I have a three column layout with sometimes long words and the page
view is not that nice with DejaVu.
As long as I did not find a better alternative, it suits my requirements

In my search of alternatives, I looked after your suggestions, and I
have some comments on that

STIX is still in Beta, so I can't sell it to my customer as a production font

Gentium does support some Greek and Cyrillic, but too little Cyrillic
for my purposes (and the Cyrillic also is documented as 'in beta')
I also did not find "bold" and "bold italic" fonts in the package

So, my hunt for better is still open

cheers

Geert