From Geert Bormans <ge...@gbormans.telenet.be>
Subject Re: issues with TTFReader
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 23:01:27 GMT
Unless you explicitely state differently,
fonts will be embedded
(others can correct me if I am wrong)
It is IMHO the best approach, since it makes your "Portable Document
Format" really Portable

So yes, any PDF created that way can be viewed on any platform, as
long as there is a PDF viewer available

At 20:38 6/07/2009, you wrote:

>hi Geert,
>
>I read through your mail chain and was able to find the mistake i was
>making.
>It was in the triplet naming.
>I corrected it and was able to embed the font correctly.
>
>One query, if once my pdf is generated with the embeded fonts, then if it is
>viewed in any system it would be shown correctly??
>I mean no need to have the fonts installed in the client machines.I tried to
>verify it myself by checking the pdf in different machinw where the
>ArialUni.ttf font(Which i have used for embedding to support chinese ) and i
>was able to view the pdf correctly. Also in the pdf properties i can see the
>font been shown as embedded. Please correct me if m wrong.
>
>Thanks Greet for replying.
>Best Regards
>Sumit
>

>Geert Bormans wrote:
> >
> > I use the command line option
> > -c path\fop.xconf
> > don't know how to do that from java.
> > I assume it is a property in the api?
> >
> > At 13:02 6/07/2009, you wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Geert,
> >>Can you please let me know how did you made reference to the the conf file
> >>in your applicaition
> >>I am also getting the same error. And in my case i am refering the
>fop.conf
> >>from java
> >>but still the problem exist for me
> >>

> >>Regards