From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Question over - Monochrome images or black and white images with bits per pixel 1 is automatically writing a page segment in to resource group.
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:15:09 GMT
Hi Barat,
I'm not sure what you mean by "afp-page-segment". Did you mean
"afp:include-page-segment"? If so, the extension element allows you to
include an external resource that is already available as AFP resource.
AFP shops often have such external resources readily available. If this
is not used, FOP converts any supported image into a page segment. Maybe
some day we may be able to use AFP page segments as normal "image format"
for all output formats. Wouldn't be too difficult to implement once we
can do AFP parsing. Does that answer your question?

On 23.07.2009 08:17:14 Tecra wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have a question regarding writing page segments in the resource group.
> Monochrome images or black and white images with bits per pixel 1 is
> automatically creating a page segment in the resource group. If they are
> writing into resource group by default what is the concept over including
> afp-page-segment tag.
>
> Any further guidence would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bharat

Jeremias Maerki