From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95 Memory Leak fix?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:24:59 GMT
Hi Robert

On 23.07.2009 09:22:31 roos wrote:

> As stated in
> http://www.nabble.com/Possible-memory-leak-FOP-0.95-td19631169.html
> Fop 0.95 currently has got a serious memory leak, right?

Depends on how much (if at all) it hurts you, but yes, there was a fix
after 0.95.

> I can compile the current trunk version, but as I'm on Maven, this is a
> no-go, as the FOP Project currently still is using ANT and some of the
> libraries in the lib dir are of unknown version.
>
> What version are those?
> xmlgraphics-commons-1.4svn.jar

SVN snapshot, yes, compiled from SVN Trunk:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/commons/trunk

> retroweaver-2.0.6-patched.jar
> retroweaver-rt-2.0.6-patched.jar
>
> Will there be a fixed version (e.g. 0.95b) available which fixes the memory
> leak?

I don't think so.

> Is it planned to switch to Maven to resolve the dependency issue?

I would oppose such a proposal due to the very bad experiences I've had
with Maven in the past.

I suggest you ask on the Maven list how you can include project-local
JAR files in your project. I would hope Maven is as flexible as they
claim it is. ;-)

> Thanks for your help!
> Robert

Jeremias Maerki