From bright <kelvin...@gmail.com>
Subject Position texts based on x-y
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 06:05:15 GMT

I am totally new in xsl but I need this quite urgently. so my apology if I
ask silly questions.

basically what i have is a set of texts and an image of a form.
I know the x-y position of each field to be filled in for this form, and and
i have values for each of these fields.

What i want to do is, I want to set this image as the background, and
position text values for each field according to their x-y position.

then I'll use this xml/xsl file pair together with FOP to generate a pdf
document.

I generate this xml file using a java program with information such as field
value & field coordinates, and form image provided.

My question is, how do I define xsl file and so that I can create my xml
file with x-y position as attributes and field values so that I can use it
to generate a pdf file?

eg.

image: C:/form1.jpg
FIELD1 = "this is my name";
FIELD1 x position = 102px;
FIELD1 y position = 250px;
FIELD2 = "my addresss";
FIELD2 x position = 132px;
FIELD2 y position = 290px;

so how do i go about with the above example?

What I want is more like a floating drawing objects for each of these items.

Also for the background image, it should be the background of whole page
rather than inserting an image. It can be an image ON the page if everything
is "floating" rather than "inline".

Cheers