From TomWilcox <wil...@hp.com>
Subject Area Tree Handling
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:51:41 GMT

Hi,

First of all, I am a FOP dummy. I can make PDFs from FO but I don't know
about the inner workings.

I have FOP 0.95 embedded in my Java application. I would like to construct
an FO document and modify/examine the AreaTree for it on the fly.

This is in an attempt to fill blocks (of set size and position) on a page
with text/graphics and until the areatree info shows that block is full.

I would like to do this as fast as possible and I thought this would imply
the best route is to get hold of the areatree object in my application and
modify/access the objects of interest. (Or, failing that, to get hold area
tree xml fragments maybe)..

Can anyone tell me how I might go about achieving this?

Or even better, can anyone point me in the direction of any good
tutorials/examples that show Java code using embedded FOP to generate an
area tree object for an FO stream/file and then modify it with code..?

That would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance,
Tom