From "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>
Subject Re: Sobtotal per Page
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:20:22 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> On 16.07.2009 18:11, Carsten B. wrote:
>> i searching about 2 days now. I need a subtotal on each page.
>
> That's known to be a difficult problem.

In this case, I think it’s tractable.  In fact, I think Carsten might be
having problems with the XSLT rather than the FO.

The use of marker is the right approach; each row should have a marker
whose value is the running total to that point.  Carsten’s comment
(“update $totalsum”) indicates the usual problem with procedural coding;
the totalsum should be calculated afresh at each point.

The value of the last marker on the page can be retrieved in the footer
pretty easily, once that problem is addressed.

~Chris
“All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
 And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.” — Laura Nyro
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319