From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: Area Tree Handling
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:52:53 GMT
On 13 Jul 2009, at 12:06, TomWilcox wrote:

Hi Tom

> <snip />
> So I don't suppose anyone knows a way to handle, manipulate and re-
> render a
> fragment of the area tree using FOP?

As Georg already pointed out: it's either all or nothing. That said,
maybe it is possible in your environment to split up the source
document into multiple smaller ones, perform additional processing for
some, and concatenate all of them following the sample provided in the
repository.

Georg's sample code manipulates the area tree XML directly via Java
code, but as I suggested, this can also be done by running the area
tree through a second stylesheet transformation. The benefit is that
the additional Java code is kept to a minimum, and XSLT is really THE
weapon of choice when it comes to transforming XML.

HTH!

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas Delmelle