From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Area Tree Handling
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:38:18 GMT

On 14 Jul 2009, at 17:31, Georg Datterl wrote:

>> Well, it is only available in the SVN repo, so in the sense that it
>> is not
>> officially released yet, it is indeed in development. That said,
>> some users
>> consider trunk to be stable enough to use in production environments.
>
> As far as I understood, out-of-the-ant-file Fop still uses AT, not
> IF, as default rendering path.

I'd have to check to be certain, but in Trunk, I seem to recall that
we ultimately opted for using the IF-route out of the box (since it
proved a tiny bit faster). The testsuite still uses the Area Tree
(hence why it will probably remain for a while; someone would have to
convert all existing testcases... :-/)

> But that reminds me, I wanted to find out how to activate IF and
> see, what happens to my publications.
>
>> The benefits of the new IF are mainly: <...> it is better
>> documented than the Area Tree.
>
> Well, that ain't hard. :-)

Indeed... :-)

Andreas Delmelle