From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: URIResolver in combination with filenames with unicode characters fails - Problem in AbstractImageSessionContext#toFile?
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 19:07:13 GMT
On 30 Jun 2009, at 12:35, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

Hello Peter

Just checking the status:

> On 30 Jun 2009, at 11:10, Peter Coppens wrote:
>> What I found out debugging is that the A9C3 character is escaped as
>> %A9%C3
>> when the url is contructed but that in the toFile method %A9 and
>> %C3 are
>> interpreted as 2 different characters.
>
> Indeed, that already looked a bit suspicious to me, and may be the
> source of the issue.
> Seems more robust to use java.net.URLDecoder instead of re-inventing
> the light-bulb.
>
> I have attached a small patch for you to try out. Would be good if
> you could confirm this fixes the issue on your end.

Have you been able to confirm this? If not, would it help if I
provided you with a precompiled JAR for XG Commons including the
changes in the patch (so that you can simply do a temporary swap in
your test environment)?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Andreas Delmelle