From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: how to embed Asian font while genrating PDF using FOP??
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:11:12 GMT
Sumit4dreams wrote:

Hi,

> I have been trying to embed Asian font while genrating PDF using FOP. I am
> not able to get a break through in this. I need a help as to how to
> configure the whole thing like-
> 1) Where to keep my metric file,

You don't say which version of FOP you are using but if 0.95 or later
then there is often no need to generate a metrics files and doing so
puts you at a disadvantage since there are some features such as AFM
Parsing that FOP only does when no metrics file is present.

> 2) i have created a fop.xconf file which has the following data
> <renderers>
>     <renderer mime="application/pdf">
>     <fonts>

Here is one problem you haven't define the font element as parent of
font-triplet, e.g.

> 	</fonts>
>     </renderer>
> </renderers>