From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: PDF document requires Password
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 05:41:33 GMT
On 02 Jul 2009, at 22:16, John T wrote:

> Hi. Wondering if this issue with a password being required was ever
> addressed?

One issue was addressed that triggered this behavior in older PDF
viewers. At that time, the user having raised the issue, confirmed
that using FOP Trunk resolved it.

> I just downloaded the latest FOP code from the trunk and compiled
> and the same issue is occurring: a password is being required even
> though no
> password as been set:
>
> userAgent.getRendererOptions().put("encryption-params", new
> PDFEncryptionParams(null, null, true, false, false, false));

Which PDF viewer did you try? Are you sure FOP's trunk version is the
one that is actually used at runtime?
The above should work, although we normally recommend to provide at
least the owner password (so you can still override the restrictions,
if necessary).

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Delmelle