From Ming Yu <my600...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [!! SPAM] Re: font configuration
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:51:34 GMT
I did try this. But I'm not sure how to use it in the font= representation. This is what I
have in my fop.xconf file:

Thanks!

Ming

----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:37:14 AM
Subject: Re: [!! SPAM]  Re: font configuration

Ming Yu wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I just configured my fop.xconf file by removing the metrics-url
attribute and the Arial font works.
> But I still cannot make the "bold" work. Whenever I put bold into the font=, either warning
or SEVERE message will appear.

Arial and Arial Bold are separate Fonts. This isn't clear to Font newbies because of MS Word's
ability to mimic Bold and Italic Font variants from the regular Font. So if you need Bold
and Italic variants of Arial you must register them separately within fop.xconf, e.g.

       embed-url="file:///C:/windows/fonts/arialbd.ttf">

> Do you have any idea how I can configure to make the bold (or the font-weight) work in
the shorthand representation?

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Ming

HTH,