From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject How to make sure PDF ends with a fourth page?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:43:46 GMT
Hi everybody,

Todays question is, how can I make sure, my PDF has a fixed number of pages?

I have a publication with lots of page sequences. Can I define a page-sequence which inserts
as many pages as necessary to keep the total page count dividable by four? I am printing catalogues
and due to the printing process there are always four pages on one sheet. I can't just add
pages at the end of the PDF, since the last pages are (usually) cover pages. So somewhere
in the middle of the catalogue or in front of a chapter or before or after an index, basically
anywhere after a page-sequence, the user says: Insert up to three pages here, if necessary.
This pages are either blank or contain one background image (for examle lines, to create a
page for personal notes.)

As a Plan B, can I create a page-sequence which does not create a page in my PDF? I want a
kind of marker in the fo file, so I can create the PDF, count the pages and then find the
marker and expand it into a page sequence with the appropriate number of pages to make sure
the pagecount is a multitude of 4.

Plan C, of course, is an empty fo:block with a special id at the end of the previous page
sequence.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------