From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Auto-generate table of contents
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:54:47 GMT
On 20 Aug 2009, at 16:57, Brian Trezise wrote:

Hi Brian

> That appears to be for creating links inside the document that point
> to an
> external document, no?

Correct, but as I mentioned, I don't think you need to do anything
special for referring to a specific 'page' in the target document
(other than appending 'page=xx' to the URI of the external-link in the
source document)

> I'm wanting to create a hyperlink from an external
> excel file that opens to a particular point (page, named
> destination, it
> doesn't matter) inside the pdf document I'm generating.  Is this
> possible?

That's another matter. If that does not work properly, it could mean
that Excel does not correctly pass the URL parameters to the PDF
viewer application, and the bug should be filed with MS. Nothing we
can do on our end to resolve that, unfortunately...

Again: to simply refer to specific 'pages' in the target PDF, nothing
special needs to happen for the source PDF.

> I'm not having much luck.  Perhaps if I attach the xsl it'll help?
> (I want
> an externally-accessible bookmark of some sort for each page created
> with
> the xsl:for-each starting on line 162)

The supplied link should be of help, but only if you do not need to
refer to predefined 'anchors' (not 'pages') in the target document.

Regards,

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
jabber: mandreas@jabber.org