From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Warning in LineBreakAlgorithm that causes PDF to be unopenable.
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:10:50 GMT
Lars Andren wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi,

> I bumped into a problem when generating a PDF-file from a rather large
> XML-file. I get no exceptions thrown during the generation, but I can not
> open the PDF file (says it's damaged).
> The only thing out of the ordinary is a warning, as follows:

When reporting an issue please provide the following information as a
minimum: FOP Version, Operating System, JDK Vendor and Version.

> Aug 13, 2009 1:21:43 AM
> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$LineBreakingAlgorithm
> updateData2
> WARNING: Line 2 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than 50
> points. (fo:block, location: 0/0)

I don't believe the warning is connected to the fact the PDF doesn't
open. What is the size in Kb of the generated PDF? What Reader are you
using to open the PDF?

> When searching through this forum I found a thread where someone had this
> warning (among several others) and the answer was that he could ignore this,
> seeing as it was just a warning. Is there any chance that whatever caused
> this warning caused the PDF file to be damaged/unopenable?
>
> Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on why this is happening?
> Very grateful for any input or help,
> /Lars

Thanks,

Chris