From "Griffin,Sean" <SGRIF...@CERNER.COM>
Subject RE: 0.95 text wrap issue
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:19:07 GMT
Senthil,

Two things I would try:
1. Remove keep-together on the table-cell.  In this contrived example you wouldn't need it.
 Not sure if that affects the hyphenation behavior or not.
2. Ensure you have the xml:lang attribute on the page-sequence element containing this block
or the hyphenation either won't work or won't work correctly.

It's been a couple years since I actually did the upgrade to 0.95 and had to enable hyphenation
but these are the first things I'd try.  At some point you still may find a situation where
you have single-syllable words too wide for the column but hopefully those are rare and can
be worked around.  You could also do what we do and scan for certain characters that indicate
reasonable candidates for break conditions and put the ZWSP character before/after them.
Characters like semicolon, colon, comma, slashes, braces, etc.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: senthilvv28 [mailto:senthilvv28@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 10:05 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: 0.95 text wrap issue

Upgrading from earlier version to .95 fop

1. I have
<fo:block hyphenate="true">
<fo:table-cell keep-together.within-column="always">

case 1 :
Long text with space behaves properly
eg : Really Really Long Text With WhiteSpace

Case 2:
Long text with No white space like
eg: ReallyReallyLongTextNoWhiteSpace

then the text flows- overlaps the next column.

to fix the problem should i introduce some white space . If yes can you let
me know how do it.

Thanks,
senthil