From Jonathan Levinson <Jonathan.Levin...@intersystems.com>
Subject RE: Printing Latin-2 characters
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:46:43 GMT
I've succeeded in printing in Chinese using a Microsoft Windows Chinese
font using FOP 0.95 which can auto-detect operating system fonts.

I specified the font family - 'Microsoft JhengHei'.

A crucial step was modifying the fop.xconf file to auto-detect OS fonts:

   <fonts>

                <auto-detect/>

      </fonts>

On Microsoft XP using a Latin-2 font family, I think a similar approach
would work.

I realize you are discussing LINUX, but maybe something similar would
work there.

Here is a link to the font documentation:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html

HTH,

Jonathan S. Levinson