From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: PDF output includes blank/empty image
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:54:26 GMT
The files are no longer accessible under the URLs you posted. But I
assume what you have here is a transparent image in which case two
/Image objects are produced: one for the image data and one for the soft
mask (alpha channel). If one of the image object has a "SMask" entry,
it's that case and that Image object would be the main one.

On 22.09.2009 23:03:17 umk wrote:

> Can someone help me understand why the attached FO sample (PNG.fo) generates
> a PDF with multiple images. You don't see the images when opening the PDF
> with Adobe Reader but if you open it with a text editor, you will find two
> "/Image" sections (they also have the same dimensions).
>
> The reason this is a problem is that we run automated tests on our PDFs to
> ensure that the correct number of images are found. So, in our case, the
> test finds 2 images when reading the PDF instead of 1.
>
> Can anyone shed light on why this is happening?
>
> Running FOP v0.95 and JDK 1.6
>
> Thank you!
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25530904/PNG.fo PNG.fo
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25530904/sample.png sample.png