From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject AW: AW: table column height mismatch? left column shorter than right column
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:44:07 GMT
Hi Venkat,

My exact problem is not quite easy to describe.
I have a table with two columns.

both columns, one cell, can break to next page:
a block with text, lists, tables, images (optional by itself, all components optional)

Left column, second cell, kept together:
a block with one line (optional)
a block with images (0 - many, usually 1-2)
a block with drawings (0 - many, usually 1-2)

Left column, third cell, can break to next page:
a block with drawings (0 - many, usually 1-2), copy of block above, only if spanning more
than one page, empty on first page

Left column, fourth cell, kept together:
a block with one line (optional, must be aligned with the end of the table)

Right column, second cell, spanning three rows, can break to next page:
a block with text, lists, tables, images (optional by itself, all components optional)
a block with tables (1-x)
a block with images (0-x)

The lower border of the outer table must be at the same position as the lower border of the
last table in right column, second cell, if the cell ends with a table. In the example given,
I'd get two end borders which looks ugly. I can neither know how much data is in a table nor
where on the page the table starts. As I said, 4000 tables work fine, only one does not and
the reason this one table does not work is (as far as I can tell) the same reason why the
example table does not work.

I could send you a fo file for a 1600 pages pdf full of such tables, spanning up to three
pages. Only I'm afraid it won't help much. But I'll attach the complete, non-shortened table
and the pdf for your amusement. But I'm afraid you don't WANT to learn from my tables, I'm
fooling around with them for nearly a year now...

If you put a keep-together.within-page="always" around the complete table, it does not break
to the next page. The bottom of the table is simply written outside of the page and therefore
discarded. That's ok according to the specification.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl