From Matthias Reischenbacher <matthias8...@gmx.at>
Subject ImageEncoding from CMYK to RGB very slow for embedded graphics in SVG
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:11:26 GMT
Hello,

I'm using SVG files which have embedded pixel images. The embedded pixel
images are in CMYK color space. Apparently those images get encoded to RGB.

Encoding takes about 60 seconds, which seems quite much to me. I'm using
PDF trunk. I've been debugging the xmlgraphics commons code and it's the
method encodeRenderedImageAsRGB() of
org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.ImageEncodingHelper which takes so long.

Is that normal?

I'm attaching a sample svg file (fahrgestell.svg), if you'd like to try
it yourself.

Regards,
Matthias Reischenbacher