From Venkat Reddy <vanukuri.ven...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: table column height mismatch? left column shorter than right column
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:20:50 GMT
Hi Georg,

If you use keep-together="always" attribute on main table, this problem
could disappear. Please check the fo file with this mail, slight change
on main table.
I am also attaching the AFP output file along with FO file.

Thanks,
Venkat.

Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> This weeks funny guessing game deals with tables again. I found that problem earlier
but until now I was unable to create a sufficiently short and easy example. Please have a
look at the attached fo file.

> In the file you will see a table with two columns and one row. The table background is
red.

> In the left column, there's only one block with some padding afterwards. The cell background
is blue, the block background green.
> In the right column, you will find two blocks. The first block has a space afterwards
and a pink background color. The second block has an orange background color and contains
a simple table with one column, one header row and two data rows.
> The pink and the orange block together are slightly higher than the green block.
>
> So, what would we expect? I'd expect to see four colored blocks, left upper corner green
from the green block, right upper corner pink, right lower corner orange. The left lower corner
I'd expect to be blue, since the blue cell would extend below the green block to give a nice
rectangular shape.

> Now run the attached fo file through the latest code from subversion and be surprised.
The left lower corner is blank. The complete table height is the height of the left column,
not the height of the right column.