From Thomas Forrester <ThomasForres...@nc.rr.com>
Subject javax.xml.transform.TransformerException -- org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:27:08 GMT
Hello,

    I am trying to use FOP (0.94 JDK 1.4) with Lemon8-XML, but am
running into the following issue.  (See error details below.)

    I found a previous message, but not sure how to do this so that the
apache user will run FOP correctly...

The cause is an incompatibility of the GNU XML parser with Apache Xalan.
If you can change the environment such that Apache Xerces is used as
an XML parser instead, the problem should disappear.
The Xerces JARs are shipped with FOP, but your Java VM bootstraps the
GNU parser implementation, which lacks support for SAX features that
Xalan requires (a LexicalHandler implementation).

    Can someone please explain how I go about replacing the GNU XML
parser with Apache Xerces?  I see the xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar file in the
lib directory, how do I tell Java to use it instead?

Thanks,

Thomas Forrester

---Error Message---

22-Sep-09 9:15:06  org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
http://xml.org/sax/handlers/LexicalHandler
   at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:168)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:115)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:166)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:197)

---------

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
http://xml.org/sax/handlers/LexicalHandler
   at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:501)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:165)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:115)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:166)
   at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:197)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXNotSupportedException:
http://xml.org/sax/handlers/LexicalHandler
   at gnu.xml.stream.SAXParser.setProperty(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:475)
   ...4 more