From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop.next release?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:41:04 GMT
Hi Peter,

Peter Coppens wrote:
> So what can the "community" do to make this happen?

Not much I’m afraid. This is a task that requires write access to the
repository. It’s just time-consuming (and tedious).

Actually, the most time-consuming part is updating the website and all
the links. See the checklist here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html

If most of the points listed there could be automatized, that would be
/extremely/ helpful. Maybe something can be done with Ant’s variable
substitution mechanism ([1], among others). If anyone wants to give it
a go...

[1] http://www.javalobby.org/articles/ant-preprocessor/

Thanks for asking,
Vincent