From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: 0.95 text wrap issue
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:06:52 GMT
On 03 Sep 2009, at 17:04, senthilvv28 wrote:

Hi

<snip />
> Case 2:
> Long text with No white space like
> eg: ReallyReallyLongTextNoWhiteSpace
>
> then the text flows- overlaps the next column.
>
> to fix the problem should i introduce some white space . If yes can
> you let
> me know how do it.

That is indeed the recommended workaround for the moment, as FOP does
no real line-wrapping. We use Unicode line-breaking rules to determine
whether the content can be broken. If you were to add a couple of Zero-
Width Spaces in the above word, then FOP will consider those as legal
breakpoints. If nothing special is done, then the word is considered
unbreakable (although, you do seem to enable hyphenation, which, if
correctly configured, should result in at least one break in the
sample above?)

How exactly you should go about inserting ZWSP in the source text
depends a great deal on the stylesheet. I can imagine nobody really
wants to insert a ZWSP between every two consecutive characters in
every word in the input...

Regards,

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be