From sreenaresh gopu <sreeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inline images in fop
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:58:21 GMT
Hi Jpee,

We are currently implementing the same concept with 0.95 that you are trying
to implement, after a long research and trials I came up with following
solution

<fo:block-container *width="153.72mm" height="27.23mm"*>
     <fo:block-container text-align="left" position="absolute">
         <fo:block>
                 <fo:external-graphic
src="url('file:///D:/jpg//image.jpg')"/>
         </fo:block>
     </fo:block-container>
     <fo:block-container position="absolute">
          <fo:block *start-indent="0mm" padding-top="7.5mm"*>
                  Text
          </fo:block>
     </fo:block-container>
</fo:block-container>

The width and height values are of the image to define the block-container
size.  The key here is overlaying the two block-containers using
position="absolute" inside a block-container.  I used the start-indent and
padding-top to place the text as per our requirements.

Hope this example gives you a direction.

Regards
Sreenaresh Gopu