From "Amick, Eric" <Eric.Am...@mail.house.gov>
Subject RE: page master with no flow text in region-body
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:18:10 GMT
In standard FO, you should be able to just give the region-body a
different region-name and have static-content write to the region-body.
FOP might not like that, unfortunately, if I remember correctly.

Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II

Legislative Computer Systems

From: David Gerdt [mailto:Dgerdt@bju.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 15:11
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: page master with no flow text in region-body

Is it possible to create a page-master where the region-body will not
allow any of the flow text to come in? I want to create a document that
will be duplex printed where the front of the page (odd pages) will be
dynamic and the back of the page (even pages) will be a static body of
text, the same on every even page.

My thought was to use conditional-page-masters for odd and even pages
where the margins of the even page would not allow any text to be
written in the region-body and use the region-before to include my
static text. For instance, I supposed that if the region-body area were
only 1mm, no dynamic text would fit and only the static content would be
displayed.

This apparently doesn't work. The region-body seems to always contain at
least one line of text.

I know I could probably use the IF to do this, but does anyone know of a
way to do this in straight XSL-FO?