From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Suppressing FOP 0.95 transformation warning messages in Embedded servlet
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:49:36 GMT
Your post basically contains half the solution already: set up a logging
framework of your choice [1] and then just set the org.apache.fop
and org.apache.xmlgraphics categories to log level FATAL.

An example of how to set up logging for java.util.logging can be found
on our Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupJDK14Logging

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/embedding.html#basic-logging

HTH

On 06.11.2009 19:53:38 sreenaresh gopu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using FOP 0.95.
>
> I would like to know how to suppress the warning messages during FOP
> transformation/rendering when using within servlets.  I am generating
> PDFs using xml and xsl, during the rendering of the PDF FOP is
> generating following warning
>
> BreakingAlgor W
> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$LineBreakingAlgorithm
> updateData2 Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more
> than 50 points. (fo:block, no context info available).
>
> This warning is due to the fact that the jpeg images that I am using
> to embed in PDF is larger than the region size ( please note that I
> cannot scale down or resize the jpeg images due to policies).  We
> generate about 2000 PDFs a day and these warning message are filling
> up the server stdout files.
>
> Please provide a some suggestions It does not matter which logging
> framework I need to use.  By the way I cannot use the FOP Trunk again
> due to site policies.
>
> Regards
> Sreenaresh Gopu

Jeremias Maerki