From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Use SVG group/element-id values as labels in pdf; SVG to PDF; FOP 0.95
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:21:15 GMT
Do you mean named destinations? If yes, that's not supported from within
SVG. I don't have Illustrator, so I can't find out what exactly it would
look for. Maybe you can post a small Illustrator example so I can find
out what it is you're looking for. I might be able to give some pointers.
But at any rate, the functionality you're looking for is most probably
not available.

On 24.11.2009 20:17:58 Tobias Schulz wrote:
> hi,
> i use "fo:external-graphic" in xsl documents to include and render
> svg-files to pdf.
> in the resulting pdf file all elements are labeled like "<path x>" or
> "<group>".
>
> is it possible to use the orininal group/element id-values  in svg as
> labels in pdf instead? it would be much easier to edit the pdf file in
> AdobeIllustrator.
>
> i tried to add "desc" and "title" tags/attributes in my svg-file, but
> without any results.
>
> btw. really, realy nice tool! thanks!
>
> Versions:
> FOP release 0.95
> Windows 7 64bit / Windows Vista 64bit
> JRE 1.6.0.16
>

> i hope i did not miss a similar question...
> thanks for your help!
> tobias

Jeremias Maerki