From fopaddict <rich...@uttner.de>
Subject Type 1 encoding difference between FOP 0.94 and FOP 0.95
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:24:30 GMT

I have a lot of type 1 fonts that I want to use with FOP, thus I created the
according font XML data with PFMReader. Everything works fine under FOP
0.94, even the non-standard characters like umlauts are coming up correctly
in the PDF. (My XML data are all encoded as UTF-8.)

When trying to generate the same PDF with FOP 0.95 instead, all special
characters appear corrupted. For me it looks like that UTF-8 encoding is no
more supported under 0.95 at least for type-1 fonts.

Does anybody know what has changed between 0.94 and 0.95 concerning font
encodings? Any idea what I can change in my definitions or elsewhere such
that umlauts can be printed under 0.95 using type 1 fonts?