From fopaddict <rich...@uttner.de>
Subject Re: Type 1 encoding difference between FOP 0.94 and FOP 0.95
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 08:57:26 GMT

Jeremias,
when rereading the documentation (I already knew) I discovered that the
embed-url attribute only points to the .PFB part of the font. At
installation time of my fonts a few years ago I used the default directory
settings of Adobe Type Manager which leads to all .PFM files held in a
subdirectory "PFM" of the font base path. Obviously FOP does not find this
directory, because the error message in the exception thrown says:
"Neither an AFM nor a PFM file was found for ..."
After copying the respective PFM file from the subdirectory to the font base
path everything works fine, even the special characters are printed
correctly - problem solved!

A small hint in the documentation would be appreciated, though, suggestion:
"If no metrics-url is specified for a type 1 font, FOP expects the PFM file
for the font at the same path where the PFB file specified in embed-url is
located."
Richard