From "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>
Subject Re: word wrap, hyphenation
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:27:28 GMT
Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> In your particular case though, you should not use the degree character
> as an abbreviation for number (which I guess it is). Looking on the web,
> the correct abbreviation seems to be ‘no’ or ‘no.’ [2]. In which case
> you wouldn’t have that line-breaking issue (you may still want to use
> non-breaking spaces to prevent line breaking between ‘no.’ and ‘16’
> though).

Indeed.  It should be the masculine ordinal, U+00BA, º.  Unicode also
has the numero sign, U+2116, №, which I prefer, though it looks odd in
some typefaces and may not be present in others.

~Chris
“The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at
 the expense of everyone else.” — Frédéric Bastiat, “L’État”
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319