From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How to disable "save" button on Acrobat Reader?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:59:25 GMT
On 06.11.2009 21:03, Tatiyana wrote:
> I am using FOP to generate  pdf file from xml and xsl. The users must not
> save generated pdf as a file on their computers.

There is no way you can enforce this. In order to have the
PDF shown on the client, the content has to be transferred
to the client, and there is no way you can prevent the user
from saving it into a file, unless you already have
extensive control over the user's  browser.

> I found on Internet what it can't be done directly from FOP, and I have to
> postprocess the generated PDF with another tool iText .  This information
> was dated by 2002.

This probably meant that you can prevent the user from changing
the PDF content. This functionality is provided by FOP now, see
  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/pdfencryption.html

J.Pietschmann