From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: How to avoid vertical space between blocks containing images
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:02:35 GMT
Hi Tobias,
For further investigation, we need short XSL-FO and an image that
demonstrates what you say.

Possible reason: line-height trait not equal to zero.

The line-height trait value is resolved in different way depending on
how the corresponding property is set (see [1]:
 - when <number> is used, <number> is inherited
 - otherwise, the computed value is inherited.

Here is a short example that explains the difference:

<fo:aaa font-size="10pt" line-height="1.2">
   <!-- line-height trait is 10pt * 1.2 = 12pt -->
   <fo:bbb font-size="0pt">
       <!-- inherited line-height property is 1.2 -->
       <!-- line-height trait is 0pt * 1.2 = 12pt -->
  </fo:bbb>
</fo:aaa>
<fo:aaa font-size="10pt" line-height="120%">
   <!-- line-height trait is 10pt * 120% = 12pt -->
   <fo:bbb font-size="0pt">
       <!-- inherited line-height property is 12pt -->
       <!-- line-height trait is 12pt -->
  </fo:bbb>
</fo:aaa>

You should verify if in your XSL-FO, line-height is not set with other
than <number>.

Pascal

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#line-height