From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: New experimental hyphenation patterns
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:30:54 GMT
On 25.11.2009 21:40, Simon Pepping wrote:
> When a language uses various alternative spelling rules, some
> descriptive suffix is appended to the file name, e.g. de_1901; users
> who prefer these pattern files over the default ones will have to
> rename the pattern files in the jar file.

Hmm. I'd rather invent a FOP configuration for mapping the language(s)
given in the FO to hyphenation pattern names.

> Classes: ...  Since 3 September 2009 these classes are built into
> FOP.

I'm a bit behind on the hyphenation front, but I thought the kind
of classes used in TeX hyphenation patterns aren't of much use
if the patterns use Unicode. There is a Unicode standard for
parsing words out of text:
  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/#Word_Boundaries
aren't we using this already?

J.Pietschmann