From Christ van Willegen <christ.van.wille...@ovitech.nl>
Subject Table layout problem using fop 0.20.5
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:05:45 GMT
Hello,

this is my first posting to the list, so please bear with me...

I've prepared a short .fo file that shows a table layout problem
(better: several table layout problems...) that I'm having.

I'm developing an application for a public transport organisation. One
of the parts involves printing slips of paper that are shown in bus
stops.

The attached (does this work?) .fo file is as clean as possible, and
shows the following problems:

- The header (with 'bus line', 'start' and 'finish') is declared as
having columns 5cm, 17cm and 3cm. 'Obviously' the columns are not this
width.
- The table in the bottom-right corner (with 'period1'-'period4') also
has layout problems. The columns are defined as "1cm" (for the hour
column), "proportional-column-width(1)" (for the minutes) and
"3pt" (to separate the periods). 'Obviously' the columns are not this
width.

Is there a problem with my layout, or have I misunderstood the column
widths somehow?

Some additional info:
- I'm using a Mac running Snow Leopard

- java -version
java version "1.6.0_15"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-226)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-92, mixed mode)

- my fop incantation is: $JAVACMD -Xms64m -Xmx1024m -
Djava.awt.headless=true -classpath "$LOCALCLASSPATH" $FOP_OPTS
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -d "$@"
(using a fop.sh that was 'adapted from the Jakarta-Ant project'. I
have no $FOP_OPTS in my environment. The following files are in
$FOP_HOME/lib:
avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar
batik.jar
xml-apis.jar
xalan-2.4.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar

- fop version is fop 0.20.5 (ancient, I know...)

I hope I've given enough information to let you help me solve this
problem.

Christ van Willegen