From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP 0.95 problem with position=absolute
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:24:47 GMT
fopaddict wrote:

Hi,

> When trying to overprint an image with a line of text, I am using an embedded
> block-container derived from an example found that explicitly has been
> developed for absolute block positioning. My code is:
>
> 		<fo:block-container>
> 			<fo:block font-size="0">
> 				<fo:external-graphic src="url(images/{@picture})" />
> 			</fo:block>
> 			<fo:block-container position="absolute" top="48mm" left="0mm"
> width="84mm" >
> 				<fo:block width="100%" text-align="center"
> 					 font-family="Helvetica" font-size="14pt" font-weight="normal">
> 					<xsl:value-of select="@text" />
> 				</fo:block>
> 			</fo:block-container>
> 		</fo:block-container>
>
> This code works fine using FOP 0.94. All images are aligned without any
> space and the texts appear always at the same position centered inside of
> the image. With 0.95, all images are shifted down by an amount that seems to
> be like the font size specified in the inner text block, leading to
> overprint of the lower page border.

I suspect the extra space may be due to half leading on the inner block
inside the block container. Try specifying line-height="0" on the inner
block as that tells FOP not to place half leading around the text.
Although that could lead to bad results if the the @text attribute has
several lines of text.

<snip/>

Chris