Hurray... It worked for me..

I replaced  StringReader with input steam and it worked...
as pascal told.. StringReader was the culprit.. converting bytes to string lost UNICODE information..

Here's what I did

        ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
        StreamResult result = new StreamResult(stream);

        Source xmlSource = new JDOMSource(document);
        transformer.transform(xmlSource, result);

         Driver driver = new Driver(new InputSource(new ByteArrayInputStream(stream.toByteArray()) ), out);
         driver.run();
         return out.toByteArray();

              And it worked..

Thanks Pascal, Thank you very much..

SN

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught