From "Georg Datterl" <georg.datt...@geneon.de>
Subject vertical character alignment
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:21:21 GMT
Hi everybody,

Today I'm here with a fairly simple problem: I want a page number with a border:

<fo:block background-color="orange" border-style="solid" border-color="black" border-width="0.25pt"
line-height="7.9pt" font-size="7pt">
	<fo:page-number background-color="pink"/>
</fo:block>

The number should be centered in the block. But when I use vertical-alignment="middle", although
the page-number block is indeed centered, it looks off, since the page number text is not
center in the block. There's space reserved for line-depth(?), which page numbers don't use.
I guess the solution is somewhere in baseline-adjust and baseline-align, but I can't find
the correct combination. Does anybody know which attibutes I have to set to center the pagenumber
optically in its parent block?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------