From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject fop 0.95 & SVG & PDF & font embedding
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:00:24 GMT

Hi,

sorry if this is a FAQ, but I did my homework and did not find any satisfying
answer.

I am using fop 0.95 to build a PDF document. Platform is HP-UX, Java 6,
headless. The document contains an SVG, created by Inkscape. Besides some
scaling issues (for which Inkscape is responsible and which have been resolved
so far), I have the problem that the font referenced from the SVG (DejaVu Sans)
is not used for rendering, but Helvetica instead. The font embedding itself
works -- the surrounding text, generated via XSL:FO, appears in the DejaVu Sans
font. The fonts are included via the FOP configuration file.

Interestingly, a few years ago I did the same with 0.93/Java 5 on a similar
platform, but with different fonts, and it worked like a charm. Any idea why
this no longer works would be appreciated.

Regards,
Klaus