From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: vertical character alignment
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:17:23 GMT
Hi Georg,

What you need here is relative-position (to put your page-number "below"
its theorical position).
Unfortunately, this is not yet implemented.
However, you can mimic it by adding padding on the fo:block:
<fo:block padding-top="0.1em" padding-bottom="-0.1em">
        <fo:page-number/>
</fo:block>

HTH,
Pascal

Georg Datterl a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> Today I'm here with a fairly simple problem: I want a page number with a border:
>
> <fo:block background-color="orange" border-style="solid" border-color="black" border-width="0.25pt"
line-height="7.9pt" font-size="7pt">
>         <fo:page-number background-color="pink"/>
> </fo:block>
>
> The number should be centered in the block. But when I use vertical-alignment="middle",
although the page-number block is indeed centered, it looks off, since the page number text
is not center in the block. There's space reserved for line-depth(?), which page numbers don't
use. I guess the solution is somewhere in baseline-adjust and baseline-align, but I can't
find the correct combination. Does anybody know which attibutes I have to set to center the
pagenumber optically in its parent block?