From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: What is the status of fop ?
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:32:48 GMT
If you're referring to the "Interpolate" key in the image dictionary, no,
FOP doesn't have an option to set that. FOP embeds the PNG as is (pixel
by pixel, no resampling). Rendering of the bitmap is done by the PDF
viewer which FOP doesn't have much influence on. I guess the
"scaling-method" property could be used to map to the "Interpolate" key,
I haven't experimented with the "Interpolate" key, yet, and can't say if
that would solve your issue.

On 27.01.2010 16:08:19 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> > I'd suggest:
> > - to upgrade to the latest FOP release (0.95). You seem to be using an
> > older release.
> > - to avoid running FOP with GCJ or any other GNU Classpath based JVM
> > because its XML support has proven to be quite buggy.
> >
> > I'm happily producing PDFs from DocBook XSL 1.75 with FOP 0.95 and PNG
> > images.
>
> Are your PNG still anti-aliased in your output PDF file ?
>
> I cannot seems to find the option for controlling this.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mathieu

Jeremias Maerki