From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating metrics error: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:58:41 GMT
Magdikova wrote:
> I would like to generate metrics filebut I get the following
> error:Unsupported TrueType font: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting
>
> what is the problem?

FOP works with Unicode data and therefore requires True Type Fonts to
have a table that maps Unicode code points to the glyphs in the Font.
The barcode font you have provided does not have such a Unicode mapping
table, often referred to as a CMAP table.

When I have run into this problem in the past I used a Font Editor to
add the Unicode mapping table for each glyph that I required access to.
No doubt your barcode font came with some help that indicates what
characters should be used to draw which bars. You have to use this
information when you create the Unicode mapping table in your font.

Symbol.TTF is an example of another Font that doesn't have the Unicode
mapping table.

Thanks,

Chris

<snip/>