From Peter Hancock <peter.hanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP 0.95 printing
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:03:36 GMT
Hi Eric,

Do you run FOP standalone from the command line, or do you embed it in your
own app?  The reason I ask is because the example
embedding.ExampleFO2OldStylePrint.java in examples/embedding/java of the FOP
0.95 source illustrates the minimal utility of  java.awt.print.PrinterJob
for printing, and you may be able to adapt it for your own needs.  I am not
familiar with PrinterJob but I am guessing it can be configured with your
printer destination etc.

The FOP docs are a little minimal see:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html#print
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html#awt

They do explain that the available fonts are those configured on your OS,
and that PrintRenderer uses java2D to create the output.

I briefly took a look at the trunk code, and I do notice any functional
improvements made to the PrintRenderer.  However, upgrading your version of
FOP from 0.95 to trunk is recommenced if possible.

I hope some of this helps!

Pete