From Jonathan Levinson <Jonathan.Levin...@intersystems.com>
Subject Problem with font embedding in the fop-trunk?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:03:58 GMT
A colleague reports that documents generated using the fop-trunk are much larger than documents
generated using fop-0.95.

"Using the same xml & xsl, with FOP-0.95 I get a file size of 785kb, but using the fop
trak version with your fop.xconf file, I get a file size of 7.6mb. This has to be due to embedding
fonts I think."

We have tried turning off font-embedding in the fop-trunk by using a fop.xconf file with the
following:

      <fonts>
         <auto-detect/>

         <referenced-fonts>
            <match font-family=".*"/>
         </referenced-fonts>
    </fonts>

Is the above enough to turn off embedding fonts in the fop-trunk?  Are there currently bugs
in this area in the fop-trunk?

Best Regards,
Jonathan Levinson