From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Table cells border not shown inside acrobat/foxit/ ... unless zoomed or print
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:02:20 GMT
Actually, it's not the PDF version that makes the difference. FOP 0.20.5
painted borders using line draw operators. FOP 0.9x paints borders with
shapes which allowed to add support for the additional border styles
that XSL-FO offers. What you see are anti-aliasing side-effects in
Acrobat which usually go away if you disable anti-aliasing in the viewer.

With some additional logic in the renderers for the cases where only
solid borders are used, it might be possible to switch to line drawing
operators again. But if that really helps is another story. If you dig
around in FOP's mailing list archives, you can find long discussions
about table border painting. In the end, there's is no silver bullet.

At any rate, these side-effects don't appear in print, only on screen.

On 18.03.2010 09:41:14 Pascal Sancho wrote:
> Hi Jeandur,
>
> like the Red Light's thread [table border-collapse="collapse" and
> borders] in this list, the display is affected by the different
> resolution between FOP (1/72000 in) and the screen (often 1/96 in).
> Rigorously, you should zoom in with a 72000/96 factor to get exactly
> what FOP produce (IOW: 75 000%)
> In addition, FOP 0.9x draws the borders in a different way than FOP 0.2x
> did it, and PDF versions are not the same: FOP 0.9x gives PDF 1.4 while
> FOP 0.2x gave PDF 1.3).
> That explains the difference between what you get on screen with the 2
> FOP versions.
>
> Pascal
>
> Jeandur a écrit :
> > Dear fop users,
> >
> > I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with table cells border not being
> > shown inside Acrobat or Foxit.
> >
> > You can see in the attached example,  that the cell around the word "HERE"
> > is not displayed unless you do a zoom on it or print the paper version.
> >
> > I've done  several tests but can't achieve the correct display of it.
> >
> > It seemed to work correctly with fop025 but not any more with fop 095.
> >
> > Any help or suggestions will be welcome !
> >
> > Attached is the example file.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > http://old.nabble.com/file/p27931814/tablecellsborder.fo tablecellsborder.fo

Jeremias Maerki