From JoshC <yes_its_just...@yahoo.com>
Subject Font Cascade
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:51:30 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to output a PDF that has both English and Korean characters,
sometimes both within the same paragraph. I was told by a coworker that you
could use a "cascade" of fonts like you do in CSS, something like the
following:

<fo:block font-family="Batang, Arial, sans-serif, Symbol, ZapfDingbats">

However, this doesn't seem to work. FOP only seems to use the first font
listed. If I use the above font-family list it will still print out English
characters, but they look odd. If I list Arial first, it will print out
English, but not Korean. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to do
this? I'm not sure what the point is of listing more than one font when FOP
only seems to use the first one listed.

Thanks,
Josh