From superglue <srinivas.cha...@gmail.com>
Subject Garbled PDF text
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:06:02 GMT

Hi All,
        we are using FOP 0.95 to generate PDF documents. Recently, one of
our customers reported on garbled PDF text. The PDF document generated is 39
pages and everything looks fine upto end of page 3; the text is garbled from
page 4 onwards. the isuse doesn't happen all the time and is occasional. We
tried recreating the issue with similar set up and we are unable to recreate
the same. At this time, any guidance on this will be greatly helpful for us
to troubleshoot/resolution of this issue.
    Interesting fact about the garbled text is that there is one ASCII shift
in the text displayed.
For example, the garbled text Dpnqmfrfe” is “Completed”. P is rendered as Q
and A is rendered as B and so on. We are treating this as garbled text and
troubleshooting rather than investigating on the character shift.
   The PDF properties by going to File -> properties on a PDF image has the
PDF producer and the fonts null. In a good case, the PDF producer proprty on
description tag is Apache FOP .95 and 2 fonts are listed on the fonts tab.
Please see the attached documents.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p27946921/Garbled-PDFText.docx
Garbled-PDFText.docx

http://old.nabble.com/file/p27946921/Garbled-PDFText-properties.docx