From Georg Datterl <gdatt...@geneon.de>
Subject AW: Font Cascade
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:17:29 GMT
Hi Josh,

As far as I understood, it works like this (in trunk, as Pascal already said): For each character
in a word, FOP checks the first font. If the character is not available, the second font is
checked. And so on. The font with the most available characters is used for this word. So
you can't mix Batang and Arial characters in one word, but in a paragraph with batang and
arial words, it should work. Of course, if the english character is available in Batang, but
looks odd, it will still be used, since fop can check for availability, but not oddness.

This information is completely taken from memory about list postings, no actual experience
was used. So handle with care.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------