From Pascal Sancho <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject Re: table column visibility
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:18:29 GMT
Hi,

visibility affects the boxes generated by the Formatting object, but...
fo:table-column generates no area, so this property has no direct effect
as it.

However, since this property is inheritable in XSL-FO, this can be
referenced by the (supported) function from-table-column().
If you want to propagate it to table-cell, you should use that function:
<fo:table-cell visibility="from-table-column()">

see [1] §6.7.4 "fo:table-column",  [2] §7.30.17 "visibility", and [3]
$5.10.4 "Property Value Functions" for further details

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#fo_table-column
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#visibility
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#d0e5961

Pascal